NAFD Quality Management Systems (QMS) Training Workshop
£150.00 for NAFD Registration and a further £145 for North Tees Registration. Full course price: £295.00
Welcome to the enhanced and updated NAFD one-day QMS Training Workshop, which has been designed and delivered in partnership with the North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust.
This is the first one day online workshop delivered by the NAFD and is aimed at supporting funeral professionals in achieving excellence in mortuary management. The QMS workshop provides a guide to best practice in terms of documented procedures and processes. It equips the learner with an understanding of the important records which they should have in place in their mortuary.
As the UK Government continues to scrutinise the standards and quality of every stakeholder involved in the care and preparation of the deceased, the objective of this course is to introduce quality management processes and procedures specific to mortuary operations, to ensure that all NAFD funeral businesses understand how to achieve consistency of quality managed standards and monitoring for the benefit of continuous business improvement.
This course will be completed in a one-day 6 hour online workshop with a series of presentations and online assessment providing a final demonstration of proof of learning. The course is delivered by an experienced NHS pathologist and trainer and an experienced NAFD funeral professional. The four key learning outcomes of this workshop are:
- Understand the principles of good quality management,
- Learn about what constitutes ‘good’ quality managed mortuary practice,
- Understand evidence-based mortuary records associated with the care of the deceased,
- Understand the process by which health and safety is managed in a mortuary
Delegates will receive an NAFD Certificate of Training on successful completion of this one-day course.
Registration and Payment:
1. Eligibility for this qualification is for funeral service employees working within the funeral service aged 16+.
2. Initial registration is completed through the NAFD Education website www.nafdeducation.org.uk
The total cost of this course is £295 and includes:
- NAFD registration fee (£150)
- NHS North Tees Registration fee (£145)
- External verification fees
- 1 full teaching day
- Online resource access including a digital support pack containing guidance, templates and other useful documentation.
3. Last registration date for students is 2 weeks before commencement of each course at the North Tees Centre.
For further information on the Mortuary Management Training workshop, please contact the NAFD Education team.
- 18 April 2024
- 27 June 2024
- 8 August 2024
- 17 October 2024
- 12 December 2024
Limited places available.
Once you have registered with the NAFD and booked a place on this workshop, you will be required to complete your enrolment with North Tees. These details will be emailed to you regarding the next stage of enrolment by the NAFD Education Team.