Welcome to the Level 4 NAFD Higher Diploma in Funeral Directing, which is externally accredited by AIM Awarding Body, to recognised national occupational standards, demonstrating the NAFD’s commitment to delivering a high quality standard of learning to funeral professionals. On achievement of the Level 4 NAFD Higher Diploma in Funeral Directing, students will be awarded a NAFD certificate to confirm their achievement as follows:
Level 4 NAFD Higher Diploma in Funeral Directing
The Level 4 NAFD Higher Diploma in Funeral Directing replaces the former Diploma in Funeral Directing and has been designed for experienced funeral directors who would like to aspire to the top and study to acquire new skills, improve existing ones and to be the best that they can be in their chosen occupation.
Studying for the Level 4 NAFD Higher Diploma in Funeral Directing will allow individuals to improve their knowledge in the processes and procedures relating to funeral directing as well as developing enhanced skills in communication, leadership and teamwork and the modern role of the funeral director in the 21st century.
The role of the funeral director is pivotal in building and managing an efficient, compassionate, empathetic and trusted team of people to carry out all elements of the funeral from caring for the deceased, arranging the funeral and caring for grieving loved ones, and the Level 4 NAFD Higher Diploma in Funeral Directing curriculum instils skills and knowledge that has been designed to facilitate this.
On average, this training programme can be achieved within a period of 12 – 18 months.
Registration is restricted to existing employees within the funeral service working in related roles, and students must be able to provide workplace evidence of funeral directing responsibilities, including the conducting of funerals prior to full achievement of the course.
DELIVERY OF TRAINING
The Level 4 NAFD Higher Diploma in Funeral Directing is delivered in a blended learning approach through NAFD Approved tutors via remote and face to face tutorials. Assessment consists of online proof of learning assessments, evidential portfolio and final examinations based on a written examination and a professional discussion.
Evidence of achievement of one of the following:
- NAFD Diploma in Funeral Arranging and Administration
- NAFD Funeral Arranging and Administration Certificate
- LAFD Certificate in Funeral Arranging and Administration
- Successful completion of the NAFD DipFD Direct Entry Route
Registration and Payment:
- Eligibility for this qualification is for funeral service employees working within the funeral service aged 18+.
- Student registration commences for a period of two years upon receipt of online payment of the NAFD Registration fee. Student registration fees are inclusive of learning materials and resources and final certification, exclusive of NAFD approved tutor fees and final examination fees.
- The NAFD Registration fee is currently £395 for NAFD members and £525 for non-members.
- Tutor fees are paid separately. Tutor prices range from £2000 – £3000 and are available on request from the tutor.
For further information on the L4 DipFD, please contact the NAFD Education team.