Welcome to the new NAFD Funeral Directing DipFD, which has been designed for experienced funeral directors who would like to aspire to the top and study to acquire new skills, improve existing ones and to be the best that they can be in their chosen occupation.
Studying for the DipFD will allow individuals to improve their knowledge in the processes and procedures relating to funeral directing as well as developing enhanced skills in communication, leadership and teamwork and the modern role of the funeral director in the 21st century.
The role of the funeral director is pivotal in building and managing an efficient, compassionate, empathetic and trusted team of people to carry out all elements of the funeral from caring for the deceased, arranging the funeral and caring for grieving loved ones, and the new DipFD curriculum instils skills and knowledge that has been designed to facilitate this.
On average, this training programme can be achieved within a period of 12 – 18 months. Registration is restricted to existing employees within the funeral service working in related roles, and students must be able to provide workplace evidence of funeral directing responsibilities, including the conducting of funerals prior to full achievement of the course.
The DipFD is delivered in a blended learning approach through NAFD Approved tutors via remote or face to face tutorials. Assessment consists of online proof of learning assessments, evidential portfolio and final viva voce and written examination.
Evidence of achievement of one of the following:
- NAFD Diploma in Funeral Arranging and Administration
- New NAFD Funeral Arranging and Administration training programme
- LAFD Certificate in Funeral Arranging and Administration
- Successful completion of the NAFD DipFD Direct Entry Route
Please note: the new NAFD FAA online training programme will be launched in the summer, and until that point the NAFD will only be accepting student registrations from individuals who can provide evidence that they have achieved the NAFD DipFAA, Direct Entry Route or LAFD CertFAA.
Registration and Payment:
- Eligibility for this qualification is for funeral service employees working within the funeral service aged 18+.
- Student registration commences for a period of two years upon receipt of online payment of the NAFD Registration fee. Student registration fees are inclusive of learning materials and resources and final certification, exclusive of NAFD approved tutor fees and final examination fees.
- The NAFD Registration fee is currently £170.
- Tutor fees are paid separately. Tutor prices range from £1500 – £2400 and are available on request from the tutor.
For further information on the DipFD, please contact the NAFD Education team.