The Diploma in Funeral Directing is aimed at employees within the funeral service working in an associated funeral directing role who have successfully achieved the NAFD Diploma in Funeral Arranging and Administration.
The DipFD also enables career progression for funeral arrangers and administrators wishing to progress into funeral directing, although funeral arrangers must be able to provide evidence of workplace experience of a range of funeral directing responsibilities, including the experience of conducting a funeral, within the period of study, to achieve the qualification.
This qualification can be achieved within a period of 12 – 15 months. Registration is restricted to existing employees within the funeral service working in related roles, and students must be able to provide workplace evidence of funeral directing responsibilities, including the conducting of funerals prior to full achievement of the Diploma.
Registration and Payment
1) Eligibility for this qualification is for funeral service employees working within the funeral service aged 16+ with a minimum 6 months service.
2) Award of the Diploma in Funeral Arranging and Administration (Dip.FAA) must have been achieved prior to registration for the Diploma in Funeral Directing qualification.
3) Students must be able to provide workplace evidence of funeral arranging responsibilities, including the arranging of a number of funerals within the period of study, to be able to achieve the requirements of assessment.
4) Student registration commences for a period of two years upon receipt of online payment of the NAFD Registration fee. Student registration fees are inclusive of learning materials and resources and final certification, exclusive of NAFD approved tutor fees and final examination fees. The NAFD Registration fee is currently £160.
5) Tutor fees are paid separately. Tutor prices range from £1500 – £2400 and are available on request from the tutor.