The Diploma in Funeral Arranging and Administration (DipFAA) is designed for anyone who has been working in the funeral service for six months or more as a funeral arranger and administrator or funeral director.
It can be taken as a stand-alone award, or as a prerequisite qualification prior to registering to study for the NAFD Diploma in Funeral Directing. There are five mandatory modules within the qualification, designed to equip funeral arrangers and administrators with the comprehensive knowledge and skills required to perform effectively in the role.
This qualification offers acquisition of the comprehensive knowledge and skills required for funeral arranging and administration, and can be achieved within a period of 9 – 12 months. Registration is restricted to existing employees within the funeral service working in related roles.
Holders of the previous NAFD Foundation Certificate in Funeral Service are required to register and achieve the NAFD Diploma in Funeral Arranging and Administration prior to registration for the NAFD Diploma in Funeral Directing.
Registration and Payment
1) Eligibility for this qualification is for funeral service employees working within the funeral service aged 16+ with a minimum 6 months service.
2) Award of the Diploma in Funeral Arranging and Administration (Dip.FAA) must have been achieved prior to registration for the Diploma in Funeral Directing qualification.
3) Students must be able to provide workplace evidence of funeral arranging responsibilities, including the arranging of a number of funerals within the period of study, to be able to achieve the requirements of assessment.
4) Student registration commences for a period of two years upon receipt of online payment of the NAFD Registration fee. Student registration fees are inclusive of learning materials and resources and final certification, exclusive of NAFD approved tutor fees and final examination fees. The NAFD Registration fee is currently £160.
5) Tutor fees are paid separately. Tutor prices range from £1300 – £2200 and are available on request from the tutor.